How Low Can the Trump Campaign Go?

I'm sure many of you have seen this already, but for the record, here's something released by the Trump campaign today:
After an immediate firestorm of negative reactions, Trump replaced the Jewish star with a circle, and then claimed that this was an accident, done by an intern, because of course interns in a Presidential campaign are placed in charge of generating and releasing campaign materials.  Well, Trump may have taken it down, but I'm sure the message got through to its intended recipients.

And it's only the beginning of July.  The Republican desperation to seize power in this country is going to inevitably bring us things that will make this piece of disgusting racist hate-propaganda look mild.  So get ready; it's going to be a nasty ride.


Now, it's a little later, and I feel called upon to add something to this.  It is almost inconceivable that anyone could have done this and not be perfectly aware of what it meant.  But, like so many things that the corrupt, hateful leaders of the Republican party say, we will never really know what they believe and what is just one more lie on their lips.  Can we conceive that they still doubt the reality of global warming?  Is it even conceivable that, at this point in time, they still believe in supply side economics, or ever did?  Do they really think that corporations are people, or are they just paid to prostitute themselves by saying so?  And do they actually not understand that they are riding a wave of nativist, white supremacist hatred that indeed does bear a distinct similarity to that which engulfed the world in the 1940's?

Like Hermann Goering and other Nazi leaders, these people will likely never be honest about this, knowing that their only hope of salvaging a scrap of their public images is to deny unto death what they have done.  So there is unlikely to ever be a smoking gun.  Unfortunately, our survival as a nation likely depends on our making up our minds about things like this, and in doing that, history teaches us the danger of giving this sort of person the benefit of the doubt.

Comments

Jerry Critter said…
Most corrupt? I think he forgot to look in the mirror.
Green Eagle said…
I think he forgot to look at any Republican on the face of the earth.
Marc said…
I'm tempted to just unplug from the internet until well after the election, but then I'd miss out on sales at Steam (present one ends 4 July at 10am Pacific). So I guess I'll put up with a few more months of this stuff as long as I can play Firewatch. Priorities, I have them...
Green Eagle said…
I bought a game from the Steam sale. It was horrible. Where the hell is the next Elder Scrolls game?

Seriously, however, one of my favorite bloggers, Infidel753, has been so discouraged by the idiocy that is going on that he has stopped blogging, at least, I expect, until the election is over. I've felt very discouraged too- trying to write sensible things in a country where more people trust the crook Trump with the economy than Hillary. I just throw my hands up, on an almost daily basis, and wonder what the fucking use it is to carry on.
Grung_e_Gene said…
'Why do these White Supremacists keep Sieg Heil saluting me???' Keep on fighting Green Eagle, I've gone into a blogging lull as we watch as Conservatives have finally gotten what they've always wanted from a Republican, unvarnished non-dog whistles full blown Bigotry and Racism.
Marc said…
Well, not exactly sure what you're after (haven't played Elder Scrolls), but for a fantasy RPG Pillars of Eternity might be up your alley. I can vouch for the cyberpunk/fantasy game Shadowrun - Dragonfall Directors Cut, which is only $3. Wasteland 2 is one I backed on Kickstarter, but have yet to play, but I'll get around to it eventually. The Banner Saga (I & II) have gotten really positive reviews, but your milage may vary. I have The Long Dark on my wishlist, and Firewatch is another I'd recommend, but check out their pages for video and reviews to see if they are your cup of tea.
Green Eagle said…
Marc, if you are a RPG fan, you should try Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls series is the gold standard for fantasy RPG's, and Skyrim, although a couple of years old, is still the best. I would place Morrowind at the top of the pack, except for the fact that, being 10 years old, it has some limitations graphically. A new upgrade is in the works, and then we will see.
ez said…
Evidently Trump made a tweet with a picture of Disney Product, a "Frozen" sticker book and dit has a star of David that says '50 stickers'. I went hmmmm and off I went to google land to check some images https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=frozen+with+50+stickers&client=ubuntu&hs=F1C&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio9Mv1zeHNAhUBOBQKHa5lD28Q_AUICCgB&biw=1226&bih=673#imgrc=gBdc1OsHNSoD7M%3A none that I saw had the image Trump tweeted.

Granted I have not seen every version ever produced but it seems a bit, shall we say, spoofy?

I await what the Disney folks may have to say.

the tweet: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/750865499660091393/photo/1
ez said…
Never mind http://www.abebooks.com/9781474821537/Disney-Frozen-Ice-Cool-Coloring-Jumbo-1474821537/plp shows the star.

I guess we'll just have to continue to see how low Trump can go, I thought I had the answer.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas