Hero Worship

Not a good way to look at history.  Scott Walker:

“I came of age during the Reagan administration. I was I think I believe just turned 13 two days before his election in 1980. And for me, looking at that kind of leadership, he set the tone, not just domestically with that action; he sent a message around the world as – as you just read off, I think not only to our allies, this is – was someone who was serious that that could be trusted. But in combination with our adversaries, they sent a clear message, not to mess with him.”

You see, that's how our adult, serious Republican leaders evaluate history- through the eyes of a preteen boy.  That's how a malignant parody of a leader like the actor Reagan can still be regarded as a great man by so many Republicans, who don't seem to have ever grown up.

Comments

Professor Chaos said…
When I was 13 I probably would have voted for the Fonz if he had run for President. Difference between me and a Walker is I grew up
Green Eagle said…
And I'm just guessing here, but I bet you wouldn't do whatever the Koch brothers wanted you to do, if they only let you be governor.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas