Holes in Siberia

Well, I am probably going to make a total fool of myself with this remark, since I know essentially nothing about holes in Siberia or anything else to do with geology, but as is usual with Green Eagle I can't help squawking about something or other.

By now we have all heard about these holes, which have suddenly appeared in the Yamal Peninsula, a place I had never heard of before this.  Here is a familiar image of the largest:
So,  I thought it would be interesting to go to Google Earth and take a look at this Yamal Peninsula, and here is what I found:
Yeah, as far as I can see, the whole place seems to be covered with round lakes, small and large, that look exactly like this thing will look when it has filled up with water, which holes in the ground tend to do.

What does it mean?  I don't have a clue.  But I haven't seen anyone else point this out, and I thought it was interesting enough to mention.

Anyone have thoughts about this?

Comments

Infidel753 said…
We know what it is, and it's a bad thing. Very, very bad.
Green Eagle said…
Infidel, of course I have seen this explanation. I guess the question I am asking is how regular an occurrence this sort of thing is in that area. Looking at the Google Earth image, I am just wondering if it is not a much more common thing than we suspected at first, in which case, even assuming that the explanation you linked to is the right one, it may not be so frightening.

Just wondering. As I said, I don't know anything about the subject beyond what I think I can see in the picture.
Anonymous said…
Now rain ,wind and a beautiful sunny day is caused by Global Warming
Anonymous said…
Our climate has changed enough that there is no turning back. How does one refreeze the whole of the Arctic?

I would think humans new focus would be how to survive what's been released. Climate affects weather and as evidence has shown, things are about to get funky on the planet.

Honestly - I'm not sure we should survive based on the crazy talk being spewed. Our challenges are huge - the education system created a generation of children who were never challenged, never expected to produce. They were passed along - no child left behind. The spirit of everyone moves forward as a team became fake it until you make it. And the planet is melting. Water will have its way. Gasses trapped when history was happening will flavor the air we are expected to breath.

Either we are the clever folk we say we are, or we will die like everything else that's gone before. To be honest I'm of a mixed mind as to whether or not humanity gets to continue. Based on the sampling of filth spewed as truth... Well, lets just leave it with I'm of a mixed mind.

Connie

PS - it's not all horrible on the interwebs. Some Millennials are making a difference. They are awake and very aware of the challenges that face their generation. For them I hold the light of hope.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas