Green Eagle is Very Jumpy

I had trouble getting to sleep last night and I have been jumpy all day.  I've noticed that the music stations I listened to while I was driving around were all playing jumpy music too.  I bet a lot of other people feel the same way.

Well, this is going to be a rant, so I'll try to make it short.  I'm not jumpy because I think I'm going to be blown up the next time I go out in public.  I'm jumpy because I know that we are all going to be forced to live with the deaths of these three people for weeks.  We are going to be bombarded with endless coverage of the Marathon bombing, and endless pontification, which will have exactly zero positive effect, exactly like the same phenomenon after Sandy Hook, after Aurora, after every one of these incidents. 

And in the meantime,  thousands of people will be killed with guns in this country every year.  The savaging of the hopes of Americans by the greed and power of the rich will go on.  Mindless warmongers will inevitably force the country into more insane wars.  The same piggish, hate filled, greed maddened people will manage to see to it that our country can never take a step in the right direction.

But we will be so lucky that we will be treated to the spectacle of endless self-righteous lectures about this bombing, from people that don't give a damn about anything but themselves.  Well, that's why I'm in a really bad mood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas