The Truth Comes Out

Because we all are anxious to hear the true story behind the recent minor inconveniences that have befallen the Catholic Church, Green Eagle is pleased to bring you this report:

"Satan behind media attacks on the Pope, asserts Italian exorcist

Rome, Italy, Mar 31, 2010 / 11:47 am (CNA).- Noted Italian exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth, commented this week that the recent defamatory reporting on Pope Benedict XVI, especially by the New York Times, was “prompted by the devil.”

“There is no doubt about it. Because he is a marvelous Pope and worthy successor to John Paul II, it is clear that the devil wants to ‘grab hold’ of him.”

Father Amorth added that in instances of sexual abuse committed by some members of the clergy, the devil “uses” priests in order to cast blame upon the entire Church: “The devil wants the death of the Church because she is the mother of all the saints.”

I am just so glad to have this straightened out for me. Why, I was just about ready to accept yesterday's story that it was communist gay infiltrators. But now I know that it is Satan. I guess I would have known it all along, if I had only thought about it properly.

Well, thank heaven that's all behind us now, and the nation can get back to savaging liberals for averting a depression.

Comments

magpie said…
Note that in all of that article there is nothing to suggest he spoke about God, Jesus, the victims of the abuse, their suffering, the feeling of betrayal... anything that might be in the interests of church followers whatsoever.

And although I'm not of Catholic background I find it odd that anyone of the faith would even suggest the Pope is fallible and weak enough to be 'grabbed hold of' by the devil.

My other thought is that I am grateful that Father Gabriele Amorth is not on the same continent as me.
Nor on the same one as my children.
Infidel753 said…
So it's only Satan that makes people get upset about child molestation. If it weren't for him, everybody would be perfectly OK with it. Wow, that's some innovative moral theology.
Green Eagle said…
Well, there you have it in a nutshell: Satan, defender of children.

I just want to say that I sort of hate pounding on the Catholic church these last few days, but I think the world has reached the point where so many of our problems are caused by monotheistic religions, that it's time for people to really think whether they can really get themselves to buy into the notion of a benevolent deity any more.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas