You Learn Something Every Day

I was perusing what has become one of my favorite sites for things to ridicule, Renew America, when I learned about the "Black Value System," which I had never heard of. Apparently, this has something to do with Reverend Wright's church (remember him?) and therefore presumably with Barack Obama. Here is a little of what they had to say:

"Obama became a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago in 1991. Part of becoming a member included a pledge of allegiance to the Black Value System, which translates into using non-biblical ethics written by blacks, for blacks. The teachings are Marxist, and have no resemblance to those of mainline Christian denominations that are scripturally sound."

This got my attention, as I am really not that interested in having a Marxist President. A couple of minutes with teh Google enabled me to find the following list of principles which make up the Black Value System:


1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness”
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

I am so interested in this. I never really knew that a commitment to God, community, family, education and the work ethic were Marxist, with no resemblance to any Christian teachings.

Now that I think about it, maybe a Marxist President wouldn't be so bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas