Dick. Really

I have thought of commenting about the Dick Cheney torture brouhaha, but I think someone beat me to it.
Paul Raushenbush, at Huffington Post has this to say:

"When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry.... These are evil people. And we're not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek.
--Former Vice President Dick Cheney, February 4, 2009[1]

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
--Jesus, Luke 6:27-31.

These two opposing statements by former Vice-President Dick Cheney and Jesus Christ bring into sharp relief the contradictions of being a country that simultaneously lays claim to Judeo Christian values while going to any lengths to protect and preserve the American empire - including torture."

Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm not sure what position in the government that second guy holds, but he can sure sum it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas